Dialogue A Burt is in Kate's cubicle1. Burt: Kate, can I ask youHey, what's wrong? Kate: Don't you hear that? Burt: Hear what? I don't hear anything. Kate: That loud drumming2 sound! It's Bob! He is so bothersome. I hate sitting behind him. Burt: I t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech 获诺贝尔文学奖致辞 Delivered on Dec. 10, 1954 发表于1954年12月10日 No writer who knows the great writers who did not receive the Prize can accept it other than with humility. There is no need to list these

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最伟大的演讲

smiles send us light in the darkness. smiles bring us warm sunlight at a cold winter day. smiles can break the hard ice. smiles are like the rainbow.The rain day ends and the sky is beautiful again. smiles show love and friendship. teacher's smiles

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Touring Around the World it is a strange thing that the sea voyages was there nothing to be seen but the sky see men should make diaries.but in a land travel,was there so much to observe.for the most part,they omitted as a chance or a feature to be

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

proud Americans Americans are proud to be Americans.But each individual will explain that he ,personally,is not like the other Americans. He is better. Americans are proud to be different from each other and from the world. There is no such thing as

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

If you scold him, you are like a nanny to him; If he scolds you, it is because he cares for you. If you break your promise, you cannot be trusted; If he breaks his, he is forced to do so. If you smoke, you are a bad girl; If he smokes, he is a gentl

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

You've been working out regularly for quite a while, but you're nowhere near your fitness goals. So now it's time to bring in your ultimate weapon -- your mind. Rather than thinking of fitness as something mysterious that you do with your body, take

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time; we have more degrees, but less common sense; more knowledge, but less judgement; more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness. We have multiplied our

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

If you are hungry, what do you do? Grab a piece of your favorite meal and stay quiet after that? Just like your stomach, even your mind is hungry. But it never lets you know, because you keep it busy thinking about your dream lover, favorite star an

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Be the Future We are reading the first verse of the first chapter of a book whose page are infinite... I do not who wrote those words,but I allways likes them as a reminder that the future van be anything we want to take it.We can take the mysteriou

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

This happened many summers ago. There was a young flower in a desert where was always dried and sad-looking. It was growing by itself, enjoying everyday and saying to the Sun When shall I be grown up? And the Sun would say Be patient. Each time I to

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

背景音乐是My Heart Will Go On boy: may 22 2005 was the day promise to you baby girl my feeling stayin this way never wanna hurt you never will i leave you alone everytime i'm by your side is when i'm really at home Always and Forever thats the p

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 电影歌曲

1.Do you have a map? I just keep getting lost in your eyes. 你有地图么?因为我迷失在了你的眼神中。 2.Meeting you was fate, and falling in love with you was out of my control. 遇见你是命运的安排而爱上你是我情不自禁。

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

1.Do you have a map? Because I just keep losting in your eyes. 你有地图么?因为我刚在你的眼神中迷失了。 2.Meeting you was fate, and falling in love with you was out of my control. 遇见你是命运的安排而爱上你是我情不自

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

The One With Phoebe's Husband 本集简介: Phoebe turns out to be married to Duncan, a gay friend who needed a green card. Phoebe did love him, and finds those feelings returning. Now (six years later) he's back and needs a divorce. Turns out he's

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

If I Had My Life to Live Over I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day. I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in stora

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Virtue 美德 Sweet day,so cool,so calm,so bright! 甜美的白昼,如此凉爽、安宁、明媚! The bridal of the earth and sky- 天地间完美的匹配----- The dew shall weep thy fall to-night; 今宵的露珠儿将为你的消逝而落泪; For thou must die. 因为你必须离去。 Swe

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Immediately after he was born,Hermes was appointed godof thieves at Olympus.And a thief he became when he was barely a few hours old.Feeling hungry,the infant left his cradle after nightfall to hunt for food.He chanced uponApollo's oxen grazing

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

What If Jason Derulo What if? What if I'm the one for you? And you're the one for me? What if... If you are the one Then us meeting here is fate Future with a dog named Ben Buy a house with a fireplace This is the first I've seen your face But there

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Day two of the revelations taken from leaked documents and once again Labour ministers are in the firing line. According to the Telegraph, the Labour MP for Stevenage, Barbara Follett claimed 25,000 pounds over four years for security here at her sec

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角